Yes, Hurricane Irene and I are on the same schedule. We both want to get to Boston at the same time. And since she is an act of nature and I am but one very small (albeit very agitated) grad student, I have decided to let her go first. Actually...the car rental company decided for me by kindly canceling our reservations when they discovered our destination. So hopefully, my journey can begin on Monday and the city will still be in one piece when I get there. I'm particularly hopeful that the 'garden level' (read: basement) apartment I signed for remains an apartment and not a pool by way of the ground-level windows. I don't think I packed a flotation device.
Although this freak weather event is delaying my trip, its linear effect is that I am more voraciously, fiercely, twitchily excited for my move than I was even yesterday.
Things I Can't Wait For: A List
- Orientation. Having worked with UMetc at Michigan's orientation program for the past two summers, I will be particularly attuned to (and critical of) Emerson's orientation procedures. (I think I mentioned before that I am a nerd.)
- Picking up my T pass. Seriously, what is a more quintessential city-living accoutrement? I'm going to commute. On the subway. Everyday.
- Boston Public Library Card. Free museum passes! And trips to the aquarium! (Nerd. Nerd nerd nerd.)
- Getting to know my roommates. I have 4 of them, and they all seem like super-cool, friendly, down-to-earth, interesting girls.
- Classes. NERRRRRRRRRRD.
No comments:
Post a Comment